Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Home Grown Goodness {Installment 1}

I'm back Dreamers! And I'm back with one of my most favorite things, FOOD! But not just any food :) It's food made with veggies you can easily grow yourself. The three recipes I am featuring this week were made using fresh veggies from our garden at home or at my grandpa's (aka my second home).

Super Simple Pasta Salad
  • 1 lb box of rotini pasta
  • Your choice of veggies (We used tomatoes, broccoli, green and red peppers, onions, cucumbers, and olives)
  • Italian salad dressing to taste (I prefer about one cup)
  1. Boil pasta following the directions on the box (I recommend adding a little olive oil to your water to prevent sticking)
  2. Drain pasta and allow it to cool completely
  3. While pasta is cooling, wash and cut your veggies (Most of the veggies we used can be easily grown in your garden at home)
  4. Add veggies and dressing to the cool pasta
  5. Refrigerate for an hour and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment